Just a few miles north of Whitby, we are in residence at Lythe Camping and Caravan Park. The site is very busy – probably at capacity and this does suggest booking in advance is essential. However, post lockdown, there is the possibility the site is busier than usual with tourers like us – anxious to get back on the road.
On site facilities at Lythe Camping & Caravan Park
- Grass pitches with ot without electric hook up
- Hard stands with electric hook up – we believe this to be 16 amps
- Chemical disposal point
- “Mini library” with books, DVDs etc
- Some pitches offer a seaview
- Immaculate facility block with underfloor heating
- Pub close by – same owners as the caravan park
The toilet and shower block are particularly noteworthy of a mention due to their cleanliness and warmth. Good shower pressure too. The hardstands are of a decent length and easily accomodated our nine metre Swift.
The walk into Whitby is around five miles but quite steep in place. The local bus is operated by Arriva and provides a regular service into town if required.
Online booking is available through the site’s own website.