- Access for larger motorhomes
- Pricing and value for money - great for a camperstop
- Local surroundings - not perfect, but very quiet
- Facilities available - everything you need at a camperstop
Value for money stellplatz, inclusive of electricity.
The town of Hauenstein in West Germany is very important in respect of the German shoe industry. This fourteen-place Hauenstein stellplatz is at the back of the German Shoe Museum and despite costing just seven euro per night, provides a great value stop over with the following facilities:
- Inclusive electric hook up. This is advertised as four amps.
- Fresh water facility
- Grey water facility
- Chemical disposal point
- All hard stand “pitches”
- Quiet location, behind the shoe museum
This is not the prettiest of camper stops but is within easy walking distance of the town centre and also two good size supermarkets. There are various bars and restaurants.
Payment for your stay is made at the reception area within the shoe musem
Hauenstein stellplatz – a convenient transit stop
Regular readers may recall our stay at Dahn, West Germany, last year on our way home from Italy. Just like Dahn, this stellplatz is a great stop over when travelling to and from Samnaun for the duty free shopping and of course onwards to Austria and Italy.