Windmill Hill Caravan Park
- Location and surroundings
- Facilities available
- Value for money & pricing
- Access for larger units - easy!
Immaculately presented site, all hard stand, convenient for the Irish Ferry service.
Have you stayed here? Click on the USER star rating and give this campsite a score! Share your experiences with others.
User Review( votes)
Windmill Hill Caravan Park turned out to be a gem of a find in South Wales. The whole site was very neat and well presented. Pitches are of a generous size and also have wide access road between them, hence manoeuvring was straight forward. Part of a working farm, Windmill Hill Caravan Park offers the following facilities to visitors.
- Toilets/shower block – with music/radio
- Chemical disposal point
- Pot wash
- “Borrow it box”, a few items that you may have forgotten to bring – simply borrow and return after using.
- Fridge/freezer and microwave available for campers to use
- Very friendly owners
- Information area with leaflets etc
- Large tent/camping field (grass)
- Generous pitches – you may require levelling ramps on some pitches
- Grass areas done to a standard that Wimbledon would be proud of!
Windmill Hill Caravan Park is close to the ferry terminal too!
The campsite is conveniently located just a couple of miles from Pembroke Dock, home of the ferry crossing between Pembroke and Rosslare. As a result, the site makes an ideal stop over when travelling to and from Ireland. Nearby towns of Saundersfoot and Tenby offer pleasant day out so the site may also a be base for a longer stop. Pembroke train station is about a mile away and offers trains to other South Wales destinations. Nearby Pembroke offers a reasonable selection of shops and eateries.
One thing to note – it is not possible to pay by card. Remember to take some old-fashioned pounds and pence. There are banks in the town centre!
We received a very friendly welcome from the site owners too who have created a lovely site with an informal feel. We will definitely return, maybe with a longer holiday in the region. For more information about Windmill Hill, take a look at the website.