- Location and surroundings
- On site facilities
- Pricing and value for money
- Access for larger motorhomes? Yes!
User Review( vote)
Very rare are we speechless, but here we are at a site within walking distance of the town centre, lake views, the beech across the road and more eateries within a stones throw than you can shake a stick at. Where are we? Lake Garda? Lake Maggiore? No, this time we are in a (very) sunny Waterside Lodge, Southport. This ten pitch caravan site sits within the land owned by the Scout Headquarters and facilities are as follows:
- Open all year round
- Grass pitches with 16 amp electric (possibility to park on the car park in wet weather)
- Toilets/showers (currently closed due to the Covid outbreak)
- A rather grand chemical disposal point
- Lake views
- Fantastic central location
- Friendly warden on site.
- Fresh water point
- Grey water dump
If there is a downside, and it is only slight, one or two pitches may have some traffic noise, but we didn’t hear anything.
Waterside Lodge, Southport – how to book
Bookings are made by telephone or email. Full details of these are on the website – click here. The site is busy and often appears so. Consequently, pre booking is advisable. As an alternative, you may wish to look at our review of Southport Pleasureland’s camping area.