The Cud Life
- Location and surroundings - perfect
- Pricing and value for money
- On site facilities
- Access for larger motorhomes - yes, but please 'phone ahead
User Review( votes)
Our first trip out with “Big Blue”, our Scania Irizar bus conversion sees us in residence at The Cud Life, Killinghall, North Yorkshire. This Camping and Caravanning Club Certificated Site (CS) offers five pitches for caravans and motorhomes with a further ten pitches for tents.The camping field is a generous size, with plenty of space between you and your neighbours! There are superb views from the pitching area and of course, being on a working farm, “Daisy” and friends are hard at work in adjoining fields!
For those exploring the surrounding area, Harrogate with it’s spas, Betty’s Tea Rooms, theatres and elegant shopping is a couple of miles away. A brisk walk of thirty minutes will cover this, but allow longer if your legs are not as long as “Motorhome Voyager’s”! A little further away is Ripon, with it’s market square and cathedral. The local bus service stops very close to the campsite entrance and offers a high frequency service to Ripon, Ripley (very quaint), Harrogate and Leeds. Noteworthy of a mention, the buses on this route are high end, offering leather seats, WiFi and pay by card facilities!
The Cud Life – onsite facilities
- Showers/toilets and washbasins
- Hair dryers, hair straighteners, shaver points
- Radio in the loo!
- Pot wash area
- Chemical disposal point
- Fridge freezer available for use free of charge – with ice packs
- Grass pitches with 16 amps electric, three hard stands for all year round camping
- Communal barbecue area with free wood provided for use on Saturday nights
- Spectacular views over the North Yorkshire Countryside
- Very friendly and helpful owners
However, it doesn’t stop there! On site, there is “Cooking Fantastic” – a well renowned cookware and giftshop with adjoining coffee shop. The coffee shop features home made cakes – the carrot cake with icing is out of this world. It is possible to purchase milk, bacon, sausages and eggs in the shop too.
The Cud Life – how to book
Bookings may be made with the site owners by telephone – click here for The Cud Life website. With Harrogate on the door step, beautiful views and cakes to die for, there’s nothing more to say. We have booked again – you’ll recognise the bus!