- Location and surroundings
- Facilities available
- Pricing and value for money
- Access for larger vans
Large commercial site, north of Leeds, close to Harrogate. Swimming pool in summer.
Have you stayed here? Let others know YOUR star rating by clicking on the USER star rating now!
User Review( votes)
Rudding Park Caravan Site is about two miles to the south of Harrogate, and about fifteen miles north of Leeds. The caravan site is within the Rudding Park area that includes a four star hotel and also a golf course. The whole area is set within mature stone walls and established, mature trees.
We had made a booking for our stay and on arrival, checked in at reception, paid the appropriate fee and was then shown to a pitch. We had booked an “RV” pitch due to the size and weight of the motorhome and as you can see, this pitch would accommodate even the largest American motorhome! A cash deposit is payable for the token to operate the security barrier.
On site facilities at Rudding Park
This is quite a large caravan site and as such the facilities are plentiful. These include…
- Choice of pitches, grass, hard stand, tent area
- Two amenity blocks with hot showers, wash basins, toilets, pot wash area and laundry. There were plenty of washing machines and dryers
- Chemical disposal areas
- RV pitch
- On site shop – seasonal opening
- On site out-door swimming pool – seasonal opening
- Reception area with plenty of leaflets and local information
- WiFi – reception strength appeared good although I did not use the service
- Mobile coverage – THREE – “ok”, Vodafone, very good.
- Pet exercise area
- Motorhome service point
Our stay was during a very cold January period but the toilet blocks were very warm, and there was a never-ending supply of hot water.
Here are a few more wintry pics from the site
The location of Rudding Park means there is plenty to do on the doorstep, with Harrogate, Leeds, Ripon and even York all within easy reach. For those making use of buses, the “770” service departs from the campsite entrance and provides a frequent service to Leeds and Harrogate.
Rudding Park is open eleven months of the year and tariff details are available here.