- Location and surroundings - mix of business and leisure
- Pricing and value for money - GREAT! (We used the ACSI card)
- Facilities available
- Access for larger motorhomes
An excellent site for visiting this most famous Italian city.
User Review( votes)
Camping Venice – Camping Venezia in Italian – is one of the closest campsites to the famous Venetian city. Access to Piazza Roma in Venice takes about ten minutes by bus. The bus stop is a few minutes walk from the site. Buses run at regular intervals, starting early in the morning until late at night. There is also a night bus service, but the bus stop is about 600 metres from the site. From Piazza Roma it is possible to take a water bus towards St Mark’s Square. However, we prefer to walk and this amble took about 45 minutes. Clear signage will direct the would be tourist towards St Marks and of course the return to Piazza Roma.
Although located in what seems to be a business district in Mestre, the site is easy to find. Tucked behind a car dealership, the site is quiet too. However, there is some noise from the nearby Marco Polo airport. We did not find this to be a problem.
Camping Venice offers many facilities for the modern day camper.
- Twin motorhome service points – easy to access
- Various pitch sizes, all with six amps electric
- Modern shower/toilet block – absolutely excellent
- Indoor pool (charge payable)
- On site shop
- Reception sells bus tickets to Piazza Roma Venice (three euro per person return, May 2017)
- Chemical disposal point
- Pot wash
One area of the sites looks to be a recently created section. We stayed there on the first night of our visit, but moved the following day to ensure the ‘van was partially shaded!
Camping Venice – doggy friendly
Sydney certainly enjoyed his stay at Camping Venezia. Adjacent to the site is the “Parco di Mestre” – a large park with many walking routes. There are also toilet facilities in the park and a couple of ice cream/cafe bars.
Unfortunately, the site is not open all year round. Opening dates and prices can be found here.