Camping Stella Alpina
- Location and surroundings - pleasant - some pitches are near the road
- Facilities available - all OK
- Pricing and value for money - GREAT! - 16 euro in June 2017 based on two adults and a 'van
- Access for larger units - good but restricted number of pitches
Good value for money in the duty free town of “Livvy”
User Review( votes)
Livigno once again – this time a stay close to the edge of the commune at Camping Stella Alpina. Approaching the town, it was clear that campsites were busy – a bank holiday weekend in Italy. Our previous haunt of Camping Pemont (review here) was packed to the rafters. A drive through the town, towards the Forcola Pass, took us to Camping Stella Alpina. The owner/receptionist spoke very little English but was very welcoming and friendly none the less, providing a town map and details of the local buses. Noteworthy of a mention, the local buses the circulate Livigno are free of charge. This gives great access to the town and so the location of Camping Stella Alpina is not a negative.
The site is very well kept and offers the following facilities.
- Hard stand or grass pitches (not huge)
- Electric hook up – the usual Livigno standard of three amps
- Toilets and showers – sparkling clean but each shower costs one euro for three minutes
- Pot wash – charge for hot water
- Small play area
- Motorhome service point with all the connection
It’s worth mentioning that all campsites in Livigno are more like sostas. The motorhomes are usually close together. However, there is still space to sit out and eat etc.
As mentioned, the free bus runs to town at regular intervals. There is a pizzeria next door (delicious, and good value at seven euro for a large pizza) and a few bars/restaurants within walking distance. Noteworthy of a mention of course, the mountain scenery.
Camping Stella Alpina – great value for money!
The Camping Stella Alpine website is available by clicking here. This site appears to offer some of the best value camping in Livvy! For further information about Livigno and the attraction of duty free shopping, please read our report – click here.