Camping Orchidea, Lake Maggiore
- Location and surroundings
- Facilities available on site
- Pricing and value for money - we used ACSI off season
- Access for larger units
An excellent site in an excellent location. Nothing more to say.
Have you stayed at Camping Orchidea? Click on the USER STAR rating now and share your thoughts with others!
User Review( votes)
Along the northern side of Lake Maggiore, Camping Orchidea literally takes centre stage. The site is adjacent to a sandy beach and many pitches offer spectacular lake views. The site is very easy to find – there are brown “tourist” style signs in the village.
On arrival, we pitched ourselves, as, unusually, there were some pitches before reaching the reception area. These pitches are large and easy to reach. Some pitches on site are shaded, some are open. Naturally, the Motorhome Voyager selected a large, mostly open pitch.
The on site facilities are plentiful at Camping Orchidea and include:
- Generous sized pitches
- Some stunning lake view pitches
- Electric hook up at six amps
- Excellent shower/toilet block – high pressure and plenty of hot water
- Wide, easy to access motorhome service point
- Washing up area
- Chemical disposal point
- ACSI accepted at certain times of year
- Sports/play area
Out and about in the surrounding area to Camping Orchidea
There are numerous lake front restaurants within walking distance and also a couple of shops. The lake boat service departs from Feriolo pier which is a very short walk away.
This link will take you to a site plan of Camping Orchidea.