- Access for larger motorhomes - easy
- On site facilities
- Pricing and value for money - great with ACSI
- Location and surroundings
Good value site, great as a stop over.
User Review( vote)
In a convenient location close to the A4 Paris-Strasbourg motorway, the Camping les portes D’Alsace is a great stop over. However, Saverne is a pretty town which is also part of the Alsace wine route, so the site may form a destination rather than a transit stop. Furthermore, the site is open in December – perfect for the Alsace Christmas markets!
On site facilities include…
- Grass and hardstand pitches
- Electric hook up – we think it’s 16 amps
- Toilets/showers and pot wash
- Cycle hire available
- LARGE motorhome service point
- Camperstop area – see below
- Indoor swimming pool – 9m x 5m
- Childrens play area
- Pre order bread and pastries for the following morning.
In addition, there is a camperstop area located just outside the main site entrance. This is a motorhome parking area – overnight is posible – at a much lower rate than camping on site. However, there is no electrical hook up.
Camping les portes D’Alsace – how to book
As with most of our travels, we do not book in advance. However, there are some special offers on the campsite’s website – click here for details. Furthermore, the site is a member of the ACSI scheme and thus offers lower prices outside the high season.