- Location and surroundings
- Facilities available (based on a winter visit)
- Pricing and value for money
- Access for larger units
Great spot as a night stopover when visiting Menin Gate
Have you stayed here? Click on the USER STAR rating and give this stopover your own STAR rating!
User Review( votes)
Camping Jeugdstadion is a relatively small campsite close to the town of Ieper, Belgium. The campsite is open for about eight months of the year. However, the motorhome aire or camper-stop area is open all year round. Worth mentioning, you might see the town described as Ypres or Leper on road signs, so bear this in mind when navigating. If you are visiting the Menin Gate, allow approximately fifteen minutes to walk to the memorial.
The reception office is not always manned, so the “B&Q” approach to camping applies. Do It Yourself – DIY!
On arrival, we were greeted by a barrier in the down position. We left the motorhome in situ, and had a look around the site. This is the process to follow in order to access the site.
- Park outside the barrier
- Make your way on foot to the self check in area
- Enter your name, address and other details as requested on-screen – choice of languages
- Pay for your stay. The tariff is 15 euro for the night, plus an extra four euro as deposit for the entry card to the site – this operates the barrier
- Once you have paid, you will receive a receipt and also a plastic swipe card to operate the barrier
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- Use the plastic card to swipe the entry point at the barrier – the barrier will raise and bingo – you are in Camping Jeugdstadion
Facilities at Camping Jeugdstadion
Once safely inside then, you will have access to a camper service point, electrical hook up that appeared to delivery 16 amps and a hard stand, all-weather parking plot. We also had free wifi.
When it is time to leave Camping Jeugdstadion, the following applies. Using the plastic swipe card, raise the barrier and let yourself and your motorhome out!
- With the motorhome at the other side of the barrier, return to the payment machine
- Select check out
- Drop your plastic card in the slot
- Collect your four euro deposit/refund. The “refund” is given as cash rather than a refund to the payment card
- Job done
During the winter, Campsite Jeugdstadion is for motorhomes only. Furthermore, the toilets/shower block are closed hence we are unable to comment on these facilities.
It is possible to book online therefore speeding up your automated check in – details here.