Camping Eden, Lake Maggiore
- Location and surroundings
- Facilities available
- Pricing and value for money
- Access for larger units - we even saw coach conversions on site!
Lakeside location, supermarket close by.
Have you stayed here? Click on the USER star rating and give this campsite a score! Share your experiences with others.
User Review( votes)
Located towards the southern end of Lake Maggiore, Camping Eden is easy to find and has its own private beach, with direct access to Lake Maggiore. In contrast to Lake Garda, where grasses and trees were scorched and parched, the weather was a lot cooler at Maggiore and the trees were already starting to fall, so the site was probably not looking it’s best. Many of the pitches at Camping Eden are “seasonals” and the vast majority of pitches are well shaded. The touring pitches are however closest to the Lake.
The partial grass/partial hard stand pitch was a generous size. However, the owner told us to straddle two pitches as the site was not busy. Interestingly, and probably the first time this has ever happened anywhere but the UK, we were taken to a pitch by site staff, rather than a “free for all”. This works well, as it ensures large pitches and matched to large units! After all, a small unit can fit on a small pitch, a large unit cannot fit on a small pitch! Pay attention “Caravan Club”.
On site facilities include at Camping Eden…
- Two amenity blocks with plenty of (very) hot water
- Motorhome service point (tricky access)
- WiFi (chargeable)
- Fridge/freezer available for campers to use (no charge made)
- Play area
- Tennis/volley ball area
- Swimming pool (quite small though, so more of a splash pool)
- Direct access to the lake
- Plenty of shops and restaurants within walking distance
Camping Eden is within a residential/busy area and so is not in the prettiest location. Once inside the site and away from the road, you are lakeside. The site makes for a peaceful stay, other than some aircraft noise due to the close proximity to Milan Malpensa.
The latest prices and opening dates are on the site’s web pages.