Camping del Garda
- Location and surroundings
- Facilities available
- Pricing and value for money
- Access for larger vans - yes, but find a suitable pitch before checking in
Large commercial site close to Peschiera del Garda. Lots of activities, but quiet enough to relax.
Have you stayed here? Let others know YOUR star rating by clicking on the USER star rating now!
User Review( votes)
We had arrived at Camping del Garda without a reservation. We had previously made a booking at a nearby site but the Kon-tiki was larger than the pitch and as such we had to find an alternative base for a few days. Camping del Garda is a large site offering touring pitches, static caravans and bungalows for rent and a whole host of features and facilities. The site is located lake side and as such, some pitches offer lake views. There is direct access to the lake area through automated security gates. There is a Famiglia supermarket within a short walking distance and also a Penny Market, Spar Market and Lidl slightly further away.
Facilities at Camping del Garda
This is without a doubt the largest commercial campsite I have ever stayed on. On site facilities include:
- Six swimming pools
- Self service drinks machine
- Cash dispenser
- Motorhome service point
- Several toilet/shower blocks
- Football/tennis area
The toilet blocks were kept clean at all times despite being busy. We noted cleaners in the area at least twice per day. Toilet roll and liquid hand wash soap was not provided. Take your own!
Pitching at Camping del Garda
There are literally hundreds of pitches to choose from but many are sloping – not just from side to side, but front to back – so take a selection of levelling boards! Pitches vary in size and also some are totally shaded whilst others have no shade what so ever!The best practice would be to park near reception and look for a suitable pitch before checking in and completing the paperwork.
Camping del Garda – in summary
- Some pitches are suitable for larger units – but find a suitable pitch on foot before taking your unit onto the site
- Electric hook up provided – advertised as 4 amps although we were able to operate the boiler on the 900 watt setting and also the fridge, TV, laptop etc
- Reverse polarity was indicated from our on board equipment
- Supermarkets within walking distance
- Train station within walking distance
Camping del Garda does offer a very convenient stop over/destination but our stay was interrupted with coach loads of students coming and going at all hours! Also the sloping pitch – despite our best efforts with chocks made for a non too pleasant stay!
The site has a fairly long season – details of opening dates and prices – here.