- Pricing and value for money
- Location and surroundings
- Facilities available - good, considering "what it is"
- Access for larger motorhomes
Without any shadow of a doubt, the Florence Park Scandicci is the most unusual night stop location that we have used. Ah, maybe not, remember the “building site” a few years ago? So, back to the job in hand, what makes the Florence Park Scandicci so unusual? Well, it is a motorhome storage area, not an aire, not a sosta and not a campsite. However, it is very close to the city centre in Florence – with easy access by tram or bus. Remember in winter, there are few options available.
Facilities at Florence Park Scandicci
- Effectively a large secure compound
- Access via two sets of electric gates
- Fresh water available
- A chemical disposal of sorts – basically a large 1000 litre container – we didn’t use it!
- Very low wattage electric – maybe 2 – 3 amps
- Very friendly people running it. No English spoken but maps, tram and bus information available.
We will say that we had a very quiet and restful night. It was silent, and very secure. Very little information about the parking area on the internet, other than this. Within the main touring season, there are campsites available, again close to Florence such as Camping Internazionale.