You are possibly wondering why things have been so quiet on the coach to motorhome conversion. Over winter, we have been undertaking a maintenance program and to date, the following actions have been taken.
- New 140 amp “main” alternator fitted, replacing the existing alternator.
- Refurbished the existing 65 amp alternator. (Common with many coaches, we have two alternators fitted. Should one “go down”, the other will “get you home!”)
- New front air tank fitted – remember the coach braking system relies on air pressure. It was possible to repair the original air tank, but we preferred to chose a brand new replacement.
- New starter motor fitted
- New fuel lines fitted
- Cosmetic welding to the under body
- New fuel lift pump fitted
- New headlight covers
We have more interior work to do including a partial kitchen refit and new carpets and curtains. More details to follow…